The best way to start getting engaged is to know what’s going on around you. The more varied your sources are, the better informed you are.
It’s important to use multiple sources to get the full picture of what’s going on in your world.
Here are nine ways you can get informed:
- Attend informational events
- Attend public meetings either in person or online.
- Follow different news sources
- Follow people who are different from you on social media.
- Follow reporters on social media.
- Follow your elected officials on social media.
- Have conversations in person
- Read past the headline
- Sign up for emails from organizations.
Put these nine ways together to make a full picture.
Make sure you click the check button to lock in your score!